Monday, September 8, 2014

GGOOOOOAAALLLLLLS

Goals.
We can talk about what we want to do in this life all we want, but unless we set specific goals and create a plan with which to reach them, we will never achieve them.

I mentioned in my post 1 Corinthians 6:19 some of my goals which include running a mile, climbing a mountain and eventually wearing my goal jeans, which are a size 16. The issue is, how will I do it? I can talk all day about how all I need to do is watch what I eat and track it and with calories in versus calories out, and I will lose weight. That is all true, but I also need something specific. A specific plan. So, with the help of my cousin, who happens to be a coach for Beach Body, I have decided to do the 21 Day Fix with Shakeology.

Since doing Ideal Protein I am well versed in how to be creative with veggies to make really
delicious meals without refined sugars. This is a skill I had hoped to keep regularly implemented in my life, but was pushed aside for the delicious but deadly and addicting too-many-carbs, too-much-fat, overly-chemically-preserved and generally terrible for you, fast foods. I know, and I have said time and time again, that I need to get away from that junk and get strict with only eating whole foods. At the same time, I don't want to be on such a restrictive diet that I can't enjoy a cookie or a piece of chocolate or a glass of wine. My issue is that it will not be ONE cookie, or ONE piece of chocolate or ONE glass of wine. The 21 Day Fix is just the tool I need to remind me of healthy eating practices, perfect portions for what my body needs, and to remind me how to be creative in order to get what you want. With the 21 Day Fix I can have chocolate chip oatmeal for breakfast, so long as the ingredients fit in the proper containers and I am using dark chocolate. If you want to learn more about the 21 Day Fix you can check out THIS review (it might be sponsored, but it's very helpful) can give you a really great overview of the program.

You can be sure what once I get all of the stuff and start the program I will also give you my honest opinion about it! Usually the program is $80 and one month's worth of Shakeology is $130, but in the month of September they are having a promotion where you get the program AND the month of Shakeology for $140, so basically the 21 Day Fix is $10. It comes with their workbooks, eating plans, containers AND 6 workout DVDs. That's a pretty sweet deal.

I feel like I should reiterate that I think the 21 Day Fix is an awesome tool to help me get more organized and back in the habit of healthy, balanced eating. It is not an actual fix. What it is, is an awesome stepping stone to lead me from one bank of a turbulent river to the other. From death to life. In just the same way that Ideal Protein was an amazing blessing in my life at the time, in the end it was up to me to continue eating well and exercising and my lack of continued discipline is what allowed me to get so lost. The 21 Day Fix will help me to get back in routine, and hopefully, with the grace of God, I have learned my lesson and won't waste this opportunity to change my life for good.

My other goal, as I have mentioned in the last few posts, is to seek out the man that God intends to be my spouse. I definitely feel Him pulling me in a particular direction to find him, but to hedge my bets I am also officially signing up for Match.com. I already have a profile and some pictures up, but later in the month my sister and I are hosting a ladies night with our friends so that THEY can write our profiles. It's always better for our friends to help us with these things as they tend to see our good and can more easily articulate them than we can about ourselves.

Stephie needs adventure. This is where I start.

No comments: